Now that the Covid pandemic has moved on to Covid being an endemic disease like the flu, bSouthern Cross Martial Arts will be reverting back to the previous infection control policies and protocols adapted from the Sports Medicaine Association of Australia. This encompasses our Covid Safe plan in accordance with the Chief Health Officers mandates in Victoria.
The full policy can be found in our student handbook but is summarised below:
- Please don’t come to the dojo if you are sick.
- If you must come to the dojo when you are sick, wear a mask.
- Please ensure proper cough and sneeze ettiquette is adhered to.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at various locations in the dojo. Please use it frequently, as ensure its it used upon entry.
- Please don’t come to the Dojo if you are infectious in any way including head lice, hand foot and mouth, chicken pox etc. Some things are not meant to be shared.
- Ensure personal hygiene and that uniform and equipment is clean. Keep fingernails and toenails trimmed.
- Don’t share sparring gear or water bottles.
- Wear shoes in the toilet.
Further detsails can be found in Sports Medicine Australia’s excellent publication Blood Rules, OK